The mission of our youth ministry is the same as it is for our church: To honor God by helping people experience the hope of Christ so that they may become His fully committed followers.
We are committed to faithfully teaching the Scriptures and engaging our young people in the larger community of believers.
We partner with parents of families, encouraging parents to embrace their role as primary faith influencers in the lives of their young people.
And in all we do, we point them to Christ, for it is in Him that they find their true identity, not in the lost and broken world in which they live.
When and Where We Meet
Students grades 6-12 meet on Monday evenings from 6:30 - 8:15 p.m. in our church facility located at 1445 N Argonne. Join us for fun, fellowship and time in the Word.
This will be an opportunity for youth who want to grow in their walk with the Lord to do so in an encouraging way. We will do the following:
- Meet with the student to assess where they are at currently in their spiritual life. We will initially focus on a clear understanding of the gospel and other basics such as baptism, communion, etc…
- Set various goals for the student in their personal spiritual habits and assist them in:
- identifying one or two people who can disciple/mentor them and hold them accountable.
- identifying one or two peers in the core group who they can stay accountable and share with.
- work toward finding someone (perhaps younger than they are) who they can invest in and start to challenge in their spiritual walk.
- Work to identify spiritual gifts, talents, and interests as a way to help in becoming involved in the larger church body.